Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Just a little bit of what we have been up to...

First, I want to let you all know that I may be the worlds worst blogger.  I have a problem staying on track, and committed to something.  My intentions are always good but I cannot even remember what I did this morning. So.... here we are, weeks later and I am just now remembering to sit down and write.
      What have we been up to the last few weeks? A little bit of everything.  Zachary turned 5 last week and we had a Batman celebration. He had a blast and absolutely LOVES being 5. The first few days he didn't quite "feel" 5, but now he does so all is well. How do I feel? OLD. Turning 30 this past year made me realize that as much as I knew I was getting older I never felt it, until now. You want your kids to grow up and do awesome things, however knowing that these past 5 years just flew by, makes me sad and I don't want him to grow up anymore :(






 I made everything for the party and got some pretty creative ideas from Pinterest (of course).  I love doing this sort of thing even though most of the time the kids don't even notice or care.  I guess its more for me, and the fact that one day they will hopefully look back and appreciate it. I could buy everything and I am sure they would love it just the same but I guess its my creative side that thinks this is the better way.






Recently the weather here in Charleston has been so unpredictable. One day its 80 degrees, then the next it drops in the 30's and then we get rain for a week straight. We did have a few nice days where we could take the boys to the park or the beach to play. This was Gavin's first trip to the beach and I think he really enjoyed it.
I adore baby feet






We do photo shoots as much as possible! I am one of those moms that takes pictures of every step they take. No lie! I take around 100 pictures a week on my iphone.  I want to remember every smile, and every moment of them experiencing life...what better way than pictures? So here are a couple of my favorites...
Those lips!



Gavin started therapy this past week as well. We met his early interventionist and she seems very friendly. He doesn't seem to be behind in anything at the moment, since he is only a baby.  He is doing everything he should be doing as an almost 4 month old. When and if he starts falling behind then we will be having more appointments with other therapists, but for the time being we are just working on simple things. Gavin's homework: sitting up unsupported and shaking a rattle. He absolutely loved his therapist blowing bubbles for him. 
Bubbles!
Such a big boy

We have been back to the ENT, and Gavin still has fluid in his ears. Looks like tubes will be in his near future. As much as I wanted the fluid to drain on it's own, I also want the best for him and give him every opportunity for his speech not to be severely delayed, so if that means tubes, then tubes it is. Besides that he is a happy baby...always smiling and cooing...he is already showing us his little personality and laughing up a storm. He does want to be held 24/7 which makes it hard for me to do anything else, but I am thankful for all the snuggle time. We are just taking everything else one day at a time, which is extremely hard for me to do.  I need to learn patience and I need to learn to stop focusing on all the what ifs and live in the moment. So with that being said, at this moment we are doing great, and that is such a wonderful thing!

I hope you all have a great week, and remember that Friday is World Down Syndrome Day (3-21). Make sure you wear some blue and yellow and show your support :)


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love looking at the pictures of your boys and hearing all about Gavin. I find myself getting on facebook to see if you've blogged anything. It's ok to be a "slacker" at blogging. You have three kids! I try to write in Ava and Robert's journals as often as I can but lets face it, life gets busy and before you know it 5 months has passed and I have to spend time recounting all the small details for them to read and enjoy when they're older. I recently read an article called "7 Things You Don't Know About Moms with Special Needs Kids" (at least I think that's the title". I wanted to share it with you, but didn't want you to be offended, though I'm sure you wouldn't have been. My sweet boy is having some motor delays. At one year old he isn't crawling yet, among other things and he is having some issues with his eyes. I draw encouragement from you and your family. I pray for ya'll often. Keep up the good work, Super Mom! You're boys are beautiful inside and out. How can they not be? After all, they have you and Curtis as parents. I'm not even sure if you remember me from college, but I know you and Curtis were A+ people with great morals and character. Remember, God doesn't give us more than we can handle. I believe that! Oh and being 30 or 31 (me) isn't that bad. ;-) I've decided to embrace it and make the most of growing older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Misty, I am glad that you like reading my posts. I am definitely going to check out that article...thank you for sharing it with me. I wrote you back privately and I hope you received it. Please let me know if you didn't and I will send it again. Thanks again and continue to keep up with us:)

    ReplyDelete